Wednesday 27 October 2010

COOKING UP A STORM

Planning her daughter’s wedding should have put Sue Baxter off event organising for good. Right in the middle of the summer floods, the catering crew drove across a field and their van got lodged a foot deep in the mud. Torrential rain came gushing through the marquee and in spite of everything, Sue was the only one to remain calm.

Yet she eagerly admits: “If I were not working in cook wear, I would love to be a wedding planner! In fact, you might soon find me in the Bartercard Directory doing just that!”  Sue runs Berghoff UK Limited that produces an extensive range of domestic and catering cookware.  “Anything that you can think of that you need in the kitchen environment, we have!”

From tables to glassware to stainless steel pots and pans, chef’s knives and knife blocks for the home. With over 2000 lines of kitchenware and 60 different stainless steel saucepan ranges, the company boasts one of the broadest supplies in Europe.

Their best selling product range are kitchen essentials. The ingenious non-stick fat free cooking range!

“If you want to fry an egg, pop the lid on and the condensation will set the top of the egg. It will slide off the pan as if you had put in butter.” The range costs from T£30 - T£100, but you will certainly save on the calories!”

Sue Baxter has been an active member of Bartercard for 5 years now. Her favorite current purchase is the use of the call centre on Bartercard, where they answer her calls when she is away.  “I get so many things on trade, from my printing to my hotel accommodation, fabulous restaurants such as Da Vinci’s in Pool Harbour, Ocean Bay in Swanage, which we gain access to by boat.”

Having Trade Pounds for my daughter’s wedding was fantastic. “On trade we managed to get the marquee hire, a magician, a bouncy castle for the children, candy floss machines, helium pumped balloons in baby pink and ivory and catering. My Trade Co-ordinator was fantastic and helped me source all these items, saving me cash.”

I’ve organised so many exhibitions and conferences in my life, in fact I may be organising a friend’s wedding next year on our property. I have land at home and a small lake. For my daughter’s wedding, I had bulldozers and JCB’s remove 900 tones of rubble over 4 months, to level the land.

The wedding, covered by OK magazine was celebrated on the 31st July. Her daughter, Melissa Baxter, a famous photographic and lingerie model who has featured in Footballers Wives and Midsomer Murders, married Roger Johnson a footballer for Cardiff.
“The day was just awesome!”

No comments:

Post a Comment